From: Jan Lindquist [mailto:jan.lindquist@ericsson.com]
Sent: den 16 december 2011 10:01
To: Lewis, Jason
Cc: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
Subject: RE: [MPTF] ADR_Min_Control and minBandwidth

Hi Jason,

With my understanding of bandwidth or bit-rate I would question if this is the appropriate parameter. You hint at the association between the manifest file and that is what I understood is not the purpose of specifying the bandwidth. It is bandwidth agnostic. If we want to explicitly control the selection of representation in the manifest I suggest to use the maxLevel and minLevel as I propose in the other e-mail thread. I am very much in support of controlling the selected representation both min and max in the manifest but that is the other thread.

The reason I split the e-mails is to take the issues independently so they do not get mixed up and create incorrect expectations.

Hope I clarified the reasoning behind my proposal to remove minBandwidth.

Regards,
JanL