Re: [profile] survey of non-W3C web extensions related to video

Le mardi 7 février 2012 à 09:47, Giuseppe Pascale a écrit :
> On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 17:26:40 +0100, Vickers, Mark
> <Mark_Vickers@cable.comcast.com (mailto:Mark_Vickers@cable.comcast.com)> wrote:
>
> > Web&TV Folks:
> > 4. Survey: I'm wondering if it would be useful to do a survey of non-W3C
> > web extensions related to video services and try to collect those in a
> > document. We could then review this and see which are covered by HTML5
> > and other W3C specifications and which are not.
> >

> This is indeed an interesting idea.
> As I see it there are 2 things we can do (non mutually exclusive):
>
> * People on this list that have experience with one or more "extensions"
> can start documenting them. These surveys can be written directly on the
> wiki, under this section:
> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Profile#Surveys_of_non-W3C_extensions_in_the_TV_space
>
> We don't need a detailed analysis at this stage, is enough an overview of
> what are these extensions and which use cases they address.
> Volunteers?
>
> * We can directly reach out to relevant groups and ask for feedbacks.
>

> The final goal is NOT to incorporate such extensions as is (since we will
> find incompatible extensions or extensions that don't fit well with the
> html5 architecture) but to make sure that our profile covers the same use
> cases.

What type of survey is expected here? While some of these specifications are public (OIPF), others (CEA 2014) are not available for public consultation so I'm confused about what we can/cannot put here.

Regards
JC Verdié
MStar Semiconductors