Re: [profile] Widget VS Offline apps

From: JC Verdié <jc.verdie@mstarsemi.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 09:46:58 +0100
To: Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>
Cc: Vickers, Mark <Mark_Vickers@cable.comcast.com>, Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com>, "public-web-and-tv@w3.org WG" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>

Dear all,

> > > The HTML5 Offline Web applications requirements are sufficient for our
> > > needs.
> > >

> Widgets cover use cases that offline apps do not cover (e.g. single
> download).
> So if you are looking for a packaging format you need something like
> widgets.

I second that. In MStar specific case, offline applications do not cover our needs and we strongly rely on widgets. If Widgets were to be part of the Web&TV profile that would be a better scenario in our opinion.

> @Mark
> Would changing SHALL in SHOULD address your concern?
>
> What do other people think about this?

I don't see any strong problem underlying this change for the moment, so I'd be happy with it (while I'm happy with SHALL too)

Regards,
JC Verdié

MStar Semiconductors