Web, TV, and International Legislative Content

From: Adam Sobieski <adamsobieski@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 15:21:20 +0000
To: "public-web-and-tv@w3.org" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>

Web and TV Interest Group, Greetings.  Earlier, we had discussed some interactive television topics here in this mailing list.  Topics included some technological details pertaining to web video including some illustrated at C-SPAN's website (http://www.cspan.org).  I wanted to write today about a new idea with regard to video and web video technology. The idea is that, just as C-SPAN makes available US legislative sessions and the legislative sessions of other nations (http://www.c-spanvideo.org/browse?browse=format&id=23), with translated audio tracks and transcripts, we can search and view current and archived multimedia content of legislative sessions and events from around the world.   Kind regards, Adam Sobieski