Re: [MEDIA_PIPELINE_TASK_FORCE] Merging video element from HTML5 and SVG

I would suggest you go ahead and add your proposal on the wiki, since
deadline is tomorrow.
You may be able to add "supporters" after that before the decision
deadline.

/g

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:17:22 +0200, Jan Lindquist
<jan.lindquist@ericsson.com> wrote:

> Hello Clarke and Kas,
>
> Noticed that the deadline for the session ideas is tomorrow. We have
> discussed that we should raise this question from the Task Force and in
> order to put a place holder I was planning to add this text to the
> session idea proposals. I am unclear if it should be a breakout session
> or plenary session. I welcome other TF members to co-sign.
>
> http://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC2011/SessionIdeas
>
> Regards,
> JanL
>

> Title: Merging video element from HTML5 and SVG
>
> Proposer/Leader: Jan Lindquist (but willing to differ)
> Type of session: Discussion
> There has been a lot of effort to develop HTML5 video element which has
> had many enhancments like timetracks, audio and media elements. SVG also
> has a video element much earlier than HTML5. With all the effort on
> HTML5 what is the future of SVG's video element? Shall it be left as is,
> shall it be merged with HTML5's video element or other direction? It is
> important to clarify the direction of SVG video element to avoid
> misalingment. As the title suggest the recommendation is that they are
> merged.
>
> Note that this topic was raised from discussions in the Web and TV
> Interest Group - Media Piping Task Force. Most recently it was discussed
> in the webTV workshop held in Hollywood. Currently the requirement
> highlighting this issue is "Issue - 18" under Implementation issue # 6.
> In order to meet the deadline this topic was raised prior to the
> requirement being finalized in the task force.
> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF/Home_Network_TF_Discussions/VideoTagSupportMpeg2-ts

TV & Connected Devices
Opera Software