W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-and-tv@w3.org > September 2011

[MEDIA_PIPELINE_TF] minutes - 29 September 2011

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 10:57:03 +0900
Message-ID: <4E8521EF.2030704@w3.org>
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
available at:
http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-webtv-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Juhani!

Kazuyuki

---
  [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                Media Pipeline Task Force Teleconference

29 Sep 2011

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/Agenda_Telco_29th_September_2011

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-webtv-irc

Attendees

    Present
           John_Simmons, Igarashi, Duncan, Kaz, Juhani, Clarke, Graham,
           Jan, Kilroy

    Regrets
    Chair
           Clarke

    Scribe
           Juhani

Contents

      * [4]Topics
      * [5]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <Clarke> Do we have a volunteer for scribe?

    Have not read the guidelines but can give a try

    <Clarke> Thanks, Juhani - Kaz (the expert) is on the line and can
    help, right Kaz?

    <Clarke> Kaz, can you match up the phone numbers? I'm not sure how
    to do that, and I don't think Juhani is either

    <Clarke> OK

    No idea how to match with phone numbers

    <Clarke> So Juhani, the basic thing is to identify the speaker
    followed by a colon, then take write the notes. An elipsis (...)
    identifies the comment with the same speaker. Any other tips, Kaz?

    <kaz> [ that's fine, Clarke ]

    Summary of f2f in Hollywood

    Requirements targeted for TPAC

    <JanL> +q

    All the use cases went through, Clarke to put down reqs doc

    Reqs assigned to working group in TPAC ?

    <JanL> pq

    <JanL> -q

    Clarke: ... continues of the f2f reporting

    HTML WG is a key group, new working group too ?

    Jan: HTML working with video tag makes sense as focus group

    Clarke: Key objective, get to browsers ASAP, HTML5 or HTML.next

    Jan: Challenge to get serious response in W3C in a reasonable time
    for our input

    Clarke: We engage as soon as possible, as much information to
    provide as possible

    Jan: DRM discussed a lot, preparation is needed with topics like
    this

    Clarke: CableLabs have lot of ideas and an opinion how to do ...

    Jan: CableLabs to make a proposal of who is contributing and then
    ask contributors ...

    Clarke: Other groups to propose as WGs ?

    <igarashi> zakim +??p1 is igarashi

    John Simmons: Discuss to narrow down reqs to key top level reqs

    John: more success this way

    <igarashi> zakim: +??p1 is igarashi

    Clarke: will not which can't be done,

    Shortlist of reqs in next few weeks

    <Clarke> use case classification
    -[6]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/MPTF_Discussions

       [6] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/MPTF_Discussions

    Clarke: Discussions ... use cases , sub use cases with individual
    reqs ...

    protection, adaptive streaming, ...

    ?, ...stereo video

    No changes ... with one line reasoning ... be challenge if any
    issues

    <Clarke> Requirements -
    [7]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/MPTF_Requirements

       [7] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/MPTF_Requirements

    Clarke: Requirements next to take bulk of disucssion today

    Three catgories: delivery of TV services, adaptive streaming,
    protection

    Go through one at time, consensus or more investigation needed, name
    people to study more if issues ... OK ?

    timed text cue mapping

    mapping with exisitgn standards, what to represent in existing timed
    text specificaiton

    SCTE 35, SCTE-130, CableLabs-EISS, etc.) is mapped to timed text
    track cues.

    Jan: how to take with HTML WG if no changes

    John: W3C vs industry for efforts

    industy fora efforts

    Clarke: if no resons to do anything in W3C what could be another
    fora, to identify then

    Jan: #39 Media transport mapping, e.g., how to expose the timed text
    tracking and other standards
    ... W3C to be hands-off or be in collaboration with other bodies ...

    Clarke: W3C directly, several countries maybe invovled, may be
    diffciult to track, ... informative document ... just being silent
    woulld be a problem

    John: Take an action in Microsoft to discuss ... IBC discussions
    with broadcasters ...

    <Clarke> ACTION: John to take task for finding good place for
    commonly referenced mapping document - asking Microsoft colleages
    [recorded in
    [8]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-81 - Take task for finding good place for
    commonly referenced mapping document - asking Microsoft colleages
    [on John Simmons - due 2011-10-06].

    Key Metadata Types: An ability to distinguish specific types of
    metadata should be added so that key metadata types can be handled
    appropriately by a User Agent.

    Clarke: would benefit common understanding in W3C ... type to
    indicate signalling for interactive app, rather than generic type

    as an example

    Clarke: Repeats the question to all ...

    Graham: ... ?

    There is a bug report to HTML5 related to this topic ...

    Kilroy: DASH approach ... identified different name spaces ...
    applied to different categories ....

    ratings may vary in diffenrt territories ... as an example

    allow description of tracks ... [missed the rest]

    Clarke: Namespaces to solve all the issues ?

    Kilroy: Define general categories ... localised description may be
    on BC system or geography
    ... DVB namespace registered by DVB ... another by W3C ...

    Clarke: submitted bug covers this already ?

    John: The bug does not probably as clearly as Kilroy what the
    requirement is ... might need to be updated ... or a new bug

    Clarke: to take an action / note on this issue ?
    ... Can we amend a bug in W3C ?

    <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask the group about possible f2f meetings
    on accessibility (to be connected later)

    <Clarke> ACTION: Clarke to talk with Bob about possibly ammending
    bug related to @kind per Kilroy's suggestions [recorded in
    [9]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-webtv-minutes.html#action02]

    Kaz: joint meetign with HTML group and DAP in TPAC ... bring the
    issue there

    Clarke: Sound as a good proposal
    ... any other groups to bring the reqs to ?

    Kaz: WebAccessibility group ...
    ... Protocol format group ...

    <kaz> protocol and formats working group

    Kaz: also SVG WG and Multimodal Interaction WG
    ... ... Community group for captioning lead by David Singer to
    discuss too

    Clarke: Anything else today ?

    John: Schedule towards TPAC with weekly telcos ... sufficient to do
    the work ? ... longer calls needed ?

    clarke: do the math of the time needed ... anyone unwilling to
    extend telco time ?

    John: willing to work in flexible times on this ...

    [great motocycle noise heard in the line ? ;-)]

    Clarke to make a proposal

    <Clarke> Kaz, can you finalize the notes and send a link?

    <Clarke> thx

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Clarke to talk with Bob about possibly ammending bug
    related to @kind per Kilroy's suggestions [recorded in
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-webtv-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: John to take task for finding good place for commonly
    referenced mapping document - asking Microsoft colleages [recorded
    in [11]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Friday, 30 September 2011 01:57:30 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 30 September 2011 01:57:31 GMT