Re: Draft Charter of Emergency Information TF (was: Re: [DRAFT] Disaster Prevention and Response TF charter

On Oct 4, 2011, at 8:52 PM, Giuseppe Pascale wrote:
> My understanding of this TF work is not to create new standards/protocols in the area of emergency notification,
> but to review the existing ones and see if anything needs to be done to support such notifications in a web browsers.
>
> One of the outcome could also be: nothing needs to be done.
>
> My personal feeling on this is that notifications should not be handled at web application level but at a UA level (for end user notifications, I mean).
> So I don't think there is an impact on html5 or other presentation technologies.
>
> Anyway I welcome a broader discussion on this to make sure we didn't miss anything.

FYI, emergency notification or warning system must be an important topic of the EITF but I think its scope will not be restricted to it. For example, person finder is also an important information service in some emergency situation such as giant quakes: as Google kindly provided person finder service at the time of the disaster. I will add some clarification about the scope in the charter.

Maybe I should change the name of the TF into the original one, Disaster Prevention and Response TF.

Yosuke