[HOME_NETWORK_TF] Identified gaps (was Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] Finalizing the HNTF req doc)

I've added a new section based on the F2F discussion and the feedbacks I
got on this list.

Please let me know if you have any other comment:
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF/Home_Network_TF_Requirements#Identified_Gaps

/g

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 17:32:53 +0200, Jean-Claude Dufourd
<jean-claude.dufourd@telecom-paristech.fr> wrote:

> On 3/10/11 15:35 , Giuseppe Pascale wrote:
>>
>> [[
>> Some concerns were raised if the discovery alone is enough to address
>> advertisements requirements especially for support of existing
>> protocols such as UPnP. In fact, advertisements itself could be
>> implemented as a service so that applications can discover it and then
>> register to be advertised on the network. Such a service may be
>> provided by the UA itself (i.e. the functionality is provided by the UA
>> but exposed as a service). Is not clear though (lucking implementations
>> of this) if this approach will be enough flexible and efficient.
>>
>> ****Furthermore to have an interoperable solution, a common advertising
>> service would have to be standardized or JS binding to already in use
>> advertising services/protocols would have to be provided.***
>>
>> The discussion will have to be deferred to the point in time when a UA
>> supporting discovery will be available.
>> ]]
> JCD: Yes, that works. Thanks.
> Best regards