Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] Finalizing the HNTF req doc

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 13:13:32 +0200, Jean-Claude Dufourd
<jean-claude.dufourd@telecom-paristech.fr> wrote:

> On 3/10/11 11:26 , Giuseppe Pascale wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 18:35:05 +0200, Jean-Claude Dufourd
>> <jean-claude.dufourd@telecom-paristech.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>> So I would insist that we describe two gaps in the document, even if I
>>> would agree to also include a sentence saying that the service
>>> advertising gap may be filled by something else than UPnP/zeroconf
>>> service advertisement techniques.
>>
>> I'll make an attempt to capture what discussed and circulate some text
>> for inclusion into the requirement document later today or tomorrow.
>> So you can provide me with some feedbacks.
>>
> JCD: In order to be interoperable on the service advertisement side, we
> would need to standardize the name and messages of the service
> advertisement service, even if even though its technology may be
> unspecified.
> So there is a need for a "service advertisement" gap to justify the
> definition of that (technology neutral) service advertisement service as
> part of the general solution.

agreed. I need to add some text about this in the gap section. What about
the following rephrasing (new text marked with ***)?
Feel free to provide alternative text:

[[
Some concerns were raised if the discovery alone is enough to address
advertisements requirements especially for support of existing protocols
such as UPnP. In fact, advertisements itself could be implemented as a
service so that applications can discover it and then register to be
advertised on the network. Such a service may be provided by the UA itself
(i.e. the functionality is provided by the UA but exposed as a service).
Is not clear though (lucking implementations of this) if this approach
will be enough flexible and efficient.

****Furthermore to have an interoperable solution, a common advertising
service would have to be standardized or JS binding to already in use
advertising services/protocols would have to be provided.***

The discussion will have to be deferred to the point in time when a UA
supporting discovery will be available.
]]

/g

> Best regards