W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-and-tv@w3.org > November 2011

[MEDIA_PIPELINE_TF] minutes - 17 November 2011

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 02:02:32 +0900
Message-ID: <4EC53E28.9010003@w3.org>
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
available at:
http://www.w3.org/2011/11/17-webtv-minutes.html

also as text below.

Kazuyuki

---
    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                Media Pipeline Task Force Teleconference

17 Nov 2011

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/Agenda_Telco_17th_November_2011

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/11/17-webtv-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Clarke, Ted, Duncan, Paul, Bob, Mark_Watson, Mark_Vickers,
           Juhani, Kaz

    Regrets
           Francois

    Chair
           Clarke

    Scribe
           Kaz

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Email discussions on HTML media errors and HTML content
             protection errors
          2. [6]schedule expectation
      * [7]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

Email discussions on HTML media errors and HTML content protection
errors

    - [8]HTML media errors discussion

       [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2011Nov/thread.html#msg13

    - [9]HTML content protection errors discussion

       [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2011Nov/thread.html#msg47

    clarke: what level do we want?
    ... Ted provided numbers of errors
    ... specific to content protection
    ... Mark Watson proposed lower level ones

    markW: architectural question
    ... we need some archtecture

    mav: agree errors for content protection is not well-defined as the
    ones for HTTP

    ted: wasn't aware of multiple proposals

    clarke: on the low level errors

    (discussion on error codes and architecture)

    markW: 600 different errors in our system

    ted: can you show actual use case?

    markW: can

    clarke: it would be useful to list errors match to actual APIs

    ted: yes
    ... like that idea

    clarke: even though they would occur asynchronously
    ... if you can provide that, it would be useful
    ... I'll try to put together on the Wiki

    ted: how do you proceed using both ML and Wiki?

    clarke: maybe one page on adaptive bit rate and another on content
    protection
    ... including list of errors
    ... and add comments
    ... open discussion using Wiki
    ... will take an action item to create them

    <scribe> ACTION: clarke to create wiki pages for adaptive streaming
    and content protection [recorded in
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2011/11/17-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-82 - Create wiki pages for adaptive
    streaming and content protection [on Clarke Stevens - due
    2011-11-24].

schedule expectation

    clarke: hope we can conclude this discussion by the end of the year
    ... there is no specific deadline, though
    ... sounds reasonable?

    kaz: do you mean we'll wrap up the discussion so far and create the
    first version of the MPTF report?

    clarke: yes
    ... put together the requirements, and pass them to the HTML WG

    kaz: great
    ... btw, I think we should (1) send out a brief summary from our
    joint meetings at TPAC 2011 to the IG public list and (2) update the
    whole IG report with the summary report, (because we had great
    discussion and progress there) though we didn't have our own F2F
    meeting
    ... maybe we'll publish the report asap because it's already 2 weeks
    since the meetings

    clarke: already provided some report with several paragraphs

    kaz: that should be enough. I'll send a message to the IG chairs and
    ask them for opinions

    clarke: let's see their opinions

    [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: clarke to create wiki pages for adaptive streaming and
    content protection [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2011/11/17-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [12]scribe.perl version 1.136
     ([13]CVS log)
     $Date: 2011/11/17 16:59:12 $

      [12] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 17 November 2011 17:03:15 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 17 November 2011 17:03:16 GMT