Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] definitions

Hi Matt, thanks for the text proposal.

So including Dan comment it would read:

"A "programme" or "content item" comprises a single period of audio visual
content. It is usually expected to be labelled in content directories or
television programme guides as a single entity. This might include an
episode of a television programme, a radio programme, or a movie."

I'm not sure we need to say "or content item"; it seems to me that this
would introduce some confusion. I'm also not sure how this relates to
audio only content. I guess a song or an album is not a "programme"
according to this definition even though for some usecases a "movie" and a
"song/album" are equivalent.

What do you think?

/g
On Tue, 31 May 2011 17:43:24 +0200, Matt Hammond
<matt.hammond@rd.bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> On Tue, 31 May 2011 16:33:09 +0100, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On 31 May 2011 17:22, Matt Hammond <matt.hammond@rd.bbc.co.uk> wrote:
>>> As suggested in the conference call, here is a suggestion for an
>>> improved
>>> definition of 'programme' for the requirements document:
>>>
>>> A programme or content comprises a single period of audio visual
>>> content.
>>
>> Do you mean "or content item" here? "Content" is usually a mass noun
>> in these discussions, isn't it?
>
> "Content item" does seem more accurate.
>
>>> It is usually expected to be labelled in content directories or
>>> television
>>> programme guides as a single entity. This might include an episode of a
>>> television programme, a radio programme, or a movie.
>>>
>>> Comments are welcome.
>>
>> Sounds ok to me. Does it fit also with
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/ontologies/programmes/2009-09-07.shtml#Programme
>> as far as you know?
>
> That is a minefield :-) My intention with this definition is probably
> closest to po:broadcast or po:episode. As far as I can tell, none of the
> use cases so far seem to show any need (yet) to distinuish which of
> these two it is.
>
> regards
>

> Matt

TV & Connected Devices