Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] Comment on the usecases (open and closed) and on the requirement document

On Tue, 24 May 2011 13:20:15 +0200, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org> wrote:

> On 05/24/2011 11:44 AM, Giuseppe Pascale wrote:
>> Matt, all,
>>
>> On Tue, 24 May 2011 11:18:28 +0200, Matt Hammond
>> <matt.hammond@rd.bbc.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Substituting 'application' for 'document' seems sensible. Will this
>>> need additional clarification with respect to whether the application
>>> is web based, or whether we also include other forms of application in
>>> scope? Or would the ambiguity be desirable?
>>>

>> First of all I would like to bring back the (old) discussion about
>> terminology,
>> since when going into more detailed usecases we will for sure need to
>> make use of terms like "website", "tv" and so on.
>> So we will benefit from adding a "Definitions" section. I propose to
>> start from the one proposed by mat a while ago [1] if people are fine
>> with it, and add other terms like "service" "application" etc.
>
> +1 to a "Definitions" section.
>
> Not that I like "document" so much, but I note that the HTML5
> specification "uses the term document to refer to any use of HTML,
> ranging from short static documents to long essays or reports with rich
> multimedia, as well as to fully-fledged interactive applications":
>   http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-LC/infrastructure.html#terminology

That probably still do not include Widgets, i.e. a package of documents.
I don't have a strong opinion anyway.
I can come up with a straw man proposal (for this and other terms) and
people can comment on it.

/g

TV & Connected Devices
Opera Software - Sweden