Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] about kaz' idea of multiple migration

On 05/06/2011 12:46 AM, Jean-Claude Dufourd wrote:
> During the last telcon, Kaz mentioned the idea of multiple migration.
> What I understood was:
> - there are multiple documents and services talking to each other
> - if you migrate one, you may want/need to migrate all of them
>
> I could not answer on the spot. After discussing it with my
> colleagues, I believe:
> - if you need to migrate multiple documents "together", you can
>   migrate them one by one
> - we could not think of a case where all documents need to be moved
>   at the same time (not one by one)
>
> So Kaz, can you explain your idea in more detail ?

Hi Jean-Claude,

Very sorry for the big delay.  As you know, W3C had a Member meeting
in Bilbao, Spain last week, and I couldn't respond to you earlier.

I asked you about if you meant "more than two devices/services", e.g.,
3 or even more, by "multiple", because I thought we might want to
consider possible interaction of multiple devices/services using the
"Web platform", e.g.:

1. CE devices at home, e.g., digital TV, air conditioner

2. Mobile phone which includes various capabilities: keypad,
    touch panel, display, loud speaker, microphone and GPS

3. Web services, e.g., speech recognition, speech synthesis,
    handwriting recognition and map service

Please see some demo video of that kind of multi-service interaction,
e.g.,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mURHxA7sCmc

BTW, I'd suggest we should concentrate on use case variations
themselves at the moment, because I think "{how/using what kind of
mechanism} to integrate" is rather implementation specific :)

Thanks,

Kazuyuki