Re: [W3C Web and TV IG] Adaptive streaming MPEG DASH liaison

On 03/16/2011 04:33 PM, Mark Watson wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Attached (doc&  pdf) are some proposed changes, along the lines of my previous comments on the 3GPP letter. Note that the "and has the goal..." text that I added regarding the Patent Policy is taken from the Patent Policy itself: I think it is always best with legal aspects like this just to quote, rather than paraphrase or characterize: the legal text is usually worded the way it is for good reasons.

I agree. The W3C Patent Policy has been very carefully worded to address many situations. I haven't heard back from our legal team here yet, but I personally think adding a W3C legal contact to the letter is a very good idea. The right contact to use is Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>.

Francois.