From: public-web-and-tv-request@w3.org [mailto:public-web-and-tv-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Russell Berkoff
Sent: den 5 juni 2011 14:11
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
Subject: Re: webtv-ISSUE-18 (JanL): Video tag support of MPEG2-TS [HOME_NETWORK_TF]

Hello,

I would be concerned if the HTML5 <video> tag lacked a mechanism to allow application specific extension methods sets to be identified. This would be separate from "codec" considerations.

I (personally) am not convinced a one-size-fits-all HTML5 serves the interests of various ecosystems planning to use HTML5. A well architected extension mechanism would address these concerns. I think this is a necessity for HTML5 to avoid the fragmentation that has occurred in the past due to incomplete standardization in HTML.

I would suggest the existing use case be broadened in this way.

Regards,
Russell Berkoff