W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-and-tv@w3.org > July 2011

RE: [MEDIA_PIPELINE_TF] minutes - 7 July 2011

From: Clarke Stevens <C.Stevens@CableLabs.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 10:38:17 -0600
To: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>, "public-web-and-tv@w3.org" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>
Message-ID: <3C0068AB22D70B4DA32B9A2A965968C773E84721C6@srvxchg>
I've also included a link to the minutes next to the corresponding agenda.

-Clarke

> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-web-and-tv-request@w3.org [mailto:public-web-and-tv-
> request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Kazuyuki Ashimura
> Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 10:30 AM
> To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
> Subject: [MEDIA_PIPELINE_TF] minutes - 7 July 2011
> 
> available at:
> http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-webtv-minutes.html
> 
> also as text below.
> 
> Kazuyuki
> 
> ---
>     [1]W3C
> 
>        [1] http://www.w3.org/
> 
>                                 - DRAFT -
> 
>                          Media Pipeline TF call
> 
> 07 Jul 2011
> 
>     [2]Agenda
> 
>        [2]
> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/Agenda_Telco_7th_July_2011
> 
>     See also: [3]IRC log
> 
>        [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-webtv-irc
> 
> Attendees
> 
>     Present
>            Kazuyuki, Steven_Wright, Russell_Berkoff, Clarke_Stevens,
>            Hiroyuki_Aizu, Mark_Watson, ErickWinkelman_BobLund,
>            Richard_Bardini, Davy, Tatsuya_Igarashi, Pablo
> 
>     Regrets
>     Chair
>            Clarke
> 
>     Scribe
>            Kaz
> 
> Contents
> 
>       * [4]Topics
>           1. [5]charter review
>       * [6]Summary of Action Items
> 
> _________________________________________________________
> 
>     <Clarke> Here is today's agenda:
> 
> [7]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/Agenda_Telco_7th_July_201
> 1
> 
>        [7]
> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/Agenda_Telco_7th_July_2011
> 
>     clarke: reviews the agenda
> 
>     <Clarke> MPTF main page: [8]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF
> 
>        [8] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF
> 
> charter review
> 
>     MPTF Charter:
> [9]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/MPTF_Charter
> 
>        [9] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/MPTF_Charter
> 
>     clarke: (explains the charter)
>     ... to see additional requirements to existing standards, e.g.,
>     HTML5
>     ... questions/comments?
> 
>     clarke: (explains "Basic Information", and then "Scope")
> 
>     bob: question about user agent adaptive support
> 
>     clarke: comment for bullet points
>     ... splicing content into stream
> 
>     mark: content splicing is not clear
> 
>     richard: could you suggest something more descriptive?
> 
>     clarke: clear define is useful
> 
>     pablo: HTML5 and JavaScrpt are quite dynamic and flexible
>     ... one of the problem is "seamless playback"
>     ... might want to synchronize multiple streams on different devices
> 
>     clarke: tablet and video, e.g.
> 
>     <scribe> ACTION: stevens to add clarification to the second point
>     "content splicing" [recorded in
>     [10]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-webtv-minutes.html#action01]
> 
>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-48 - Add clarification to the second point
>     "content splicing" [on Clarke Stevens - due 2011-07-14].
> 
>     clarke: next, the third point "Browser handling..."
>     ... make sense?
> 
>     @@@: not quite sure
> 
>     Steven_Wright: need some mechanism to support it in HTML
> 
>     clarke: issue raised earlier is how to synchronize using JavaScript
>     ... next point "Enhancements..."
>     ... additional metadata specific to commercial video
> 
>     ???: one of the issues is you can use metadata but not obvious what
>     type of application signals in metadata
> 
>     @@@: you need to be very clear about metadata format
> 
>     pablo: what if I want to comment some specific scene of a program,
>     not the program as a whole?
> 
>     clarke: timed text metadata
> 
>     bob: regarding the last point
>     ... HNTF raised an issue
>     ... on MPEG2 transport layer
>     ... that may be one thing we should mention
> 
>     <mark> +q
> 
>     rberkoff: not necessarily depending on actual location
>     ... also distribution of content
> 
>     clarke: coming from your local network or some network hierarcy(?)
> 
>     rberkoff: it's not a matter of content generated from the source
> 
>     <scribe> ACTION: stevens to mention russell's point [recorded in
>     [11]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-webtv-minutes.html#action02]
> 
>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-49 - Mention russell's point [on Clarke
>     Stevens - due 2011-07-14].
> 
>     <r> ack [Samsung]
> 
>     mark: media format?
> 
>     clarke: need to clarify at least for the first bullet point
> 
>     <scribe> ACTION: stevens to add clarification on media format for
>     the first bullet [recorded in
>     [12]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-webtv-minutes.html#action03]
> 
>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-50 - Add clarification on media format for
>     the first bullet [on Clarke Stevens - due 2011-07-14].
> 
>     aizu: we think video stream from a tuner come from air wave will be
>     decoded
>     ... and used in <video> element
>     ... so we'd like to handle both video data from air wave and stream
>     from IP
>     ... using same mechanism
> 
>     clarke: so you want to think about <video> controlled tuner?
> 
>     aizu: yeah
> 
>     clarke: maybe in scope
>     ... we need to write actual use cases
> 
>     aizu: ok. will do
> 
>     <scribe> ACTION: aizu to generate use case on tuner [recorded in
>     [13]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-webtv-minutes.html#action04]
> 
>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-51 - Generate use case on tuner [on
>     Hiroyuki Aizu - due 2011-07-14].
> 
>     clarke: let's move on then
>     ... "Success Criteria"
> 
>     kaz: as HNTF does, we need to generate a TF level requirements doc
>     ... so that we can create an IG level requirements doc by the end of
>     the IG charter
> 
>     clarke: yes
>     ... following the HNTF way
>     ... generating use cases is our task
>     ... and assign them to use case editors
> 
>     <Clarke> Use case template:
>     [14]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/Use_Cases_Template
> 
>       [14] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/Use_Cases_Template
> 
>     clarke: the above is the template for use case submission
>     ... description on the importance, etc.
>     ... question?
> 
>     Bob: sometimes use cases are very broad
>     ... should add motivation etc.
> 
>     <scribe> ACTION: stevens to synchronize with HNTF for the use case
>     template [recorded in
>     [15]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-webtv-minutes.html#action05]
> 
>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-52 - Synchronize with HNTF for the use
>     case template [on Clarke Stevens - due 2011-07-14].
> 
>     clarke: will hold our calls every week
>     ... issues/actions will be discussed
> 
>     bob: where is the address of the mail refrecter?
> 
>     <mark> apologies, I have to leave now
> 
>     kaz: in the "Communication" section
> 
> ([16]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/MPTF_Charter#Communic
> ati
>     on)
> 
>       [16]
> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/MPTF_Charter#Communication
> )
> 
>     <scribe> ACTION: stevens to add ML address to the logistics page as
>     well [recorded in
>     [17]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-webtv-minutes.html#action06]
> 
>     <trackbot> Created ACTION-53 - Add ML address to the logistics page
>     as well [on Clarke Stevens - due 2011-07-14].
> 
>     clarke: we've covered except open items
>     ... anything else?
> 
>     rberkoff: content protection is not able to be in the scope?
> 
>     clarke: good point
>     ... I didn't include it
>     ... maybe need another TF
> 
>     rberkoff: ok
> 
>     clarke: tx for participation!
> 
>     [ adjourned ]
> 
>     <Clarke> Thank you kaz for taking notes.
> 
> Summary of Action Items
> 
>     [NEW] ACTION: aizu to generate use case on tuner [recorded in
>     [18]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-webtv-minutes.html#action04]
>     [NEW] ACTION: stevens to add clarification on media format for the
>     first bullet [recorded in
>     [19]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-webtv-minutes.html#action03]
>     [NEW] ACTION: stevens to add clarification to the second point
>     "content splicing" [recorded in
>     [20]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-webtv-minutes.html#action01]
>     [NEW] ACTION: stevens to add ML address to the logistics page as
>     well [recorded in
>     [21]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-webtv-minutes.html#action06]
>     [NEW] ACTION: stevens to mention russell's point [recorded in
>     [22]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-webtv-minutes.html#action02]
>     [NEW] ACTION: stevens to synchronize with HNTF for the use case
>     template [recorded in
>     [23]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-webtv-minutes.html#action05]
> 
>     [End of minutes]
> 
> _________________________________________________________
> 
> 
>      Minutes formatted by David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version 1.136
>      ([25]CVS log)
>      $Date: 2011/07/07 15:57:44 $
> 
>       [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>       [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 7 July 2011 16:38:42 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:44:03 UTC