Re: HTML5 Last Call May 2011 & DASH/Adaptive Streaming

I am increasingly thinking that even if we agree between browser
vendors on a common baseline codec, we will not want to restrict HTML5
to just deal with that codec, so the notion of alternative resources
will continue into the future, making it possible to even introduce
new codecs in the future. This then raises the question whether for
RTC there needs to be some kind of negotiation between the involved
browsers of users as to agree on a codec that they all support for the
duration of a RTC (and possibly other parameters, of course).

This reminds me of similar negotiations happening between a HTTP
client and server on mime types in which content should be delivered.
Maybe it is possible to build on that.

Cheers,
Silvia.