Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] Requirement in design goal section?

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 16:49:00 +0200, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi Giuseppe,
>
> The first design goal in the Requirements is written as a requirement:
>   "A conforming specification SHALL set out requirements for an API that would enable interaction with those protocols".
>
> I don't think this section should contain requirements. I suggest to move it to the requirements section. The alternative is to keep it as design goal and perhaps see if a more precise requirement needs to be added to the list to achieve that goal.

I'm fine to move this in the requirement section and I actually did it right away since this has been discussed and was identified as a requirement.
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/index.php?title=HNTF%2FHome_Network_TF_Requirements&diff=878&oldid=877

I'm wondering if for our type of document we actually need a design goals section at all, or if that is more appropriate for a specification document.
In any case we either extend that section or we drop it completely.

What people I think? My suggestion would be to drop it and focus on requirement/usecases.

/g

> Francois.

TV & Connected Devices
Opera Software - Sweden