Re: Interactive Television

Hi Adam,

what you are suggesting is already possible with the current
specification of <track> and a @kind=metadata and the xml or json
included in a WebVTT file's cues. We just need to wait until the
browsers have actually implemented and released it.

That's why I was more curious to find out if we have any more specific
application needs that actually require standardisation and suggested
analysing them.

I think what Bob is doing sounds very interesting in this context.
ETV, ads and parental control are indeed interesting use cases. Bob:
do you have more information on these and specification proposals?

Cheers,
Silvia.