Re: [MEDIA_PIPELINE_TF] ISSUE-34: ViewPort-Support

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 6:59 PM, Cyril Concolato
<cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr> wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> Le 10/08/2011 14:15, Scott Wilson a écrit :
>>
>> Well, right now you could use a<track>  pointing to an SVG file if you
>> wanted to. I don't think thats a significant restriction.
>>
>> The real question is - will browsers implement support for SVG documents
>> linked in<track>  elements,  or just WebVTT/Subrip formatted synchronized
>> text files?
>
> That's a good question. Given that they all implement SVG, including
> animations, I don't think it would be too hard to implement for them. But
> it's a guess.

If you want to put SVG into WebVTT cues and pick them up over the
timeline of the video through JavaScript, then throw the SVG at the
browser for decoding, that would work. You can do that now with
@kind=metadata on <track> and using getCueAsSource() to extract the
SVG.

Cheers,
Silvia.