Re: [MEDIA_PIPELINE_TF] ISSUE-34: ViewPort-Support

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 7:35 PM, Cyril Concolato
<cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr> wrote:
> Hi Sylvia,
>
>> Can you fill the TextTrack object and the cues from a SVG? As long as
>> you can make a mapping, it's possible. If the format doesn't fit with
>> the elements, then it's an orthogonal concept that won't fit the bill.
>
> Reading http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/video.html#text-track it says:
> "A text track consists of:"
> * "The kind of text track": would apply to SVG tracks
> * "A label": would apply to SVG tracks
> * "A language": would apply to SVG tracks
> * "A readiness state": would apply as well
> * "A mode": same
> * "A list of zero or more cues"
>
> A Cue is defined as:
> * "An identifier": applicable to SVG tracks
>
> * "A start time"/"An end time":
> As such SVG does not define frame-based content as Flash would do or other
> subtitling formats, but you can define frame-based content such as:
> http://perso.telecom-paristech.fr/~concolat/SVG/flash8.svg

This is one of the major requirements. Trust me - SVG won't fit the
bill as a time-aligned data format. And browsers won't implement it.
But you can always try a JavaScript implementation to prove me wrong.

Cheers,
Silvia.