Re: [hntf] HNTF deadlines...

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 14:42:50 +0200, Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
wrote:

> Hi Russell, Giuseppe and group,
>
> Thanks for asking about this. I think it's rather a question of:
> - how to generate the HNTF part of the IG report, e.g., which use cases
>    could be included in what kind of style
> - how to continue the discussion on use cases and requirements for HNTF
>    topics after July 31
>
> Regarding the second point, I personally think we could create another
> (or two) TF to continue the discussion on specific requirements group(s),
> e.g., discovery and control.  Maybe we should talk about that point as
> well by the end of July.
>
> Giuseppe, what do you think?

Kaz and all,
sorry for the late reply but I've been on vacation and I'm trying to catch
up on mails now.

First of all about the deadline: I asked Kaz to propose to the group to
extend the deadline of another month and I can see from the meeting notes
[1] that this was approved.
I updated our charter to reflect this change [2]

About Russel question: I think this is indeed a good question, and we
should probably take some time during the next call to discuss how we want
to move forward.
I think is time to stop adding new usecases and trying to wrap up on what
we have, try to formulate our recommendation for one (or more) WGs for all
those usecases that we think are ready to move forward and also discuss
what do to with the open points, if we prefer keep discussing them in this
TF (that can be re-chartered) or if we foresee another way of handling the
follow-up (e.g. handle it directly in the WG).

I think there are some requirements that are already pretty clear and
where it should be easy to reach consensus. For those requirement we can
already recommend a way forward. For the rest we can just state our
current status and say we need more time to investigate it further. This
is my opinion but I'm looking forward to hear other people view on this.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/07/19-webtv-minutes.html#item01
[2]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF/Home_Network_TF_Charter#Basic_Information_of_the_Task_Force.27s_work

/g

> Thanks,
>
> Kazuyuki
>

> On 07/13/2011 05:36 AM, Russell Berkoff wrote:
>> Hello Kaz,
>> I'm concerned about the deadline you mentioned for use-cases being
>> considered by the HNTF group for the 1st report.
>> Deadlines might be better based the use-case submission date i.e. no
>> new use-cases after "yy-mm-dd" rather than where the HNTF is at a
>> particular point in time (like the end-of-July).
>> Since we missed the last call draft for HTML5 then the HNTF report
>> might as well be as complete as possible.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Russell Berkoff
>> Samsung

TV & Connected Devices