RE: Web-Connected TV UI experiments [was: Re: donated GoogleTV devices arrived]

On Apr 26, 2011, at 7:27 PM, Charlie Harding wrote:

> Thank you so much for sharing this work with us. We're excited to see that
> you've been able to use the Google TV platform in the classroom. There are a lot of
> questions about how to design for the 10-foot experience, and your grad students are
> getting to the heart of it. Please let us know the results, we'd love to share with
> the Google TV team.

Charlie:

for sure...
I will be collating and posting  a piece
detailing the results from the 2 groups
within the next couple of weeks
(hoorah! the term is almost over!)

just as a "teaser":
my favorite part has been finding results
which have *not* matched my preconceptions...
like the incredibly positive effect which
increasing line-spacing has on both
comprehension and reported user-comfort

one thing you could communicate to the team now would be that
if the version of Chrome on GoogleTV devices were to support
CSS media queries
(see http://www.ist.rit.edu/~jxs/services/mediaQueries.html)
then this would greatly ease the work of
site/page developers

jeffs

--
"If I had my past life over again I'd make all
 the same mistakes — only sooner."

Prof. Jeff Sonstein

http://www.it.rit.edu/~jxs/
http://ariadne.iz.net/~jeffs/