Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] Next Telco Agenda and How to raise issues for the HNTF

Hi Russell,
see inline

On 21/04/11 09.02, Russell Berkoff wrote:
> Hello HNTF Chairs,
>
> I have some concerns about the organization of the use-case process:
>
> 1.It appears Tracker is the only "Index" to submitted use cases.
> Otherwise, it appears necessary to "sift-through" the discussion area to
> separate use-cases from other HNTF discussions. It is difficult to
> determine the status of a particular use-case from the discussion section.

Fine by me. Using the wiki allows us to change this in the way we like,
easily. We can create subsections on the same page or different pages or
whatever works better for us.

I can try to organize that section better, but feel free to draft a new
structure yourself and we can discuss it during next telco (or over mail)

> 2.The bundling of multiple uses cases within a single package seems
> problematic. What is status of the bundle? Is it approved as all-or-none.

In my opinion each use case should be a separate submission. Consider
that the documents currently on the wiki pre-date our use of tracker,
the submission procedures etc.

I believ Jean-Claude has already started to split his usecases,
others will have to do the same.

> 3.Tracker does not clearly separate use-case submissions from use-case
> issues.
>
> 4.How do I locate all open tracker issues against a particular use-case?

There could be some limitations in tracker and in the current proposed
approach and I'm open for suggestions.

Personally I don't believe this is a big issue though.

As stated in other discussions, W3C culture is usually a bit more
informal and mail oriented than other groups.

So in my view having one issue per usecase and all the discussion for
that usecase as a related mailthred should be enough.
The submitter is responsible to follow the discussion and update the
contribution. The latest version (and the hisotry of changes) will
always be available on the wiki. Before approval people will be able to
check that version.

So, in short, I think we can work with the tools we have. If needed we
can give ourselves additional rules, like using additional tags to
differenciate contributions or create other products or subproducts (if
possible) in track, but honestly I think this is overkil for now.

Once again, if the group feel different about this we can adapt our
process. What is other participants opinion?

/g