[HOME_NETWORK_TF] Re: HN TF Requirements

**Adding TF tag ([HOME_NETWORK_TF])**
Please keep the [HOME_NETWORK_TF] tag on all mails intended for the HNTF
as suggested here
<http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF/Home_Network_TF_Charter>

To answer your question, this group just started and the requirement
document is intended to be update only when consensus on a particular
addition is reached.
To propose addition feel free to start a discussion following the process
as discussed today and explained here:

http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF#Proposal_submission_process

The point you raise is actually related to the point Jan briefly touched
today, i.e. if use cases is the right way to capture requirements on
possible "services" we need or if we need a sperate section on it.
I believe we need a mix of both.

Feel free to propose some way to capture this in the requirement document
if you have any proposal,
I'll put this on the list of point to discuss during next telco.

/g
On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:30:55 +0200, Russell Berkoff
<r.berkoff@sisa.samsung.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I noticed that the current HN requirements document:
> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Home_Network_TF_Requirements
> doesn't cover a number of areas that current home-network specifications
> cover.
> Specifically:
> Scheduled Recording
> *         Content selection - (fixed/dynamic)
> *         Record task management - (create, enable, disable, delete)
> Telephony
> *         Extensions of telephony applications to Home Network devices.
> Timeshift Content
> *         Metadata specific to temporary content
> EPG
> *         Metadata specific to scheduled program content, channel
> line-ups, channel numbering schemes, channel provider metadata
> Bookmarks
> *         Ability to move content between rendering devices.
> Content Linking
> *         Metadata to link related content items together
>
> We should consider these (and any other topics) before finalizing the
> requirements.
>

> Regards,
>
> Russell Berkoff
>
> Samsung Electronics