Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] Some use cases and requirements for broadcast TV applications

On 19/4/11 15:40 , Giuseppe Pascale wrote:
> Furthermore, once we have discovery and pairing of 2 devices, it seems
> to me we already have what's needed. The direct communication could be
> just on of the possible "message exchange" mechanism and could be
> probably be implemented with existing technologies (web sockets?)
JCD: In
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF/Home_Network_TF_Discussions/Alternatives
there are proposals of structuration for messages.
Using Web sockets means having messages as text. We can use that
technology, or any other technology that passes text around.
I believe the important question is: do we want to abstract the message
structure or to stay with message = string ?
My experience, admittedly with a UPnP implementation only, is that
having messages automatically broken down in arguments (or parameters)
with typed values is extremely valuable to help create the content and
services.
Best regards
JC

--