Re: [HOME_NETWORK_TF] Re: [Fwd: local device discovery - api, demo and source code]

On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 10:03 +0200, Jean-Claude Dufourd wrote:
> Thanks for the additional info, Dave.
>
> Back to requirements for HNTF, from playing with this discovery plugin
> and our widget+UPnP experience, I get:
>
> DISCOVERY:
>
> Note: I believe what HNTF is concerned about is service discovery, not
> device discovery.

As Stuart Chesire of multicast DNS fame says, computers can only deal
with services, devices are something humans perceive. Authentication is
about an instance of a service (or a particular person's device). So
this is a question of perspective.