Re: IG charter: status and schedule

Hi Igarashi-san,

Thank you for your comment.

I would like to explain my original intention.

"TV services" means the audio-visual contents delivery via broadcast
with auxiliary functions (also via broadcast) that augment viewer's
experience and convenience.  From the viewpoint of technology, it
covers EPG, EWS, teletext, data broadcasting and so on.  Then putting
"the services on Web" on the edge of a line segment and putting "the
TV services" on the opposite edge of the same segment, many existing
"Web and TV" services are aligned on the segment.  "Existing Web and
TV services" includes DTV (with functions to retrieve data from or
transmit data to the Web), telco's IPTV, various on-line services over
the Web and so on.  The segment represents the IG's scope projected on
the axis of "the existing services".

Do you think this explanation is sufficient for clarification on the
stage of charter?

If so, I will sharpen up above text and suggest Charles to include it
in his modified charter.
If not so, I would like to examine alternative plans. (including your
suggestion)

Regards,
Yosuke