Re: IG charter: modification suggestion - Scope & Decision

I see. It seems not easy to define TV-like devices. Tele-Vision,
IP-Vision, etc...ITU-T spent much time for defining IPTV before (almost 6
month or a bit longer). I'm a bit afraid of this point. Personally, I prefer
not to include this ambiguoug word as TV-like devices into the charter.

Daniel
(from my Galaxy S)

2010. 10. 5.  12:22 "Giuseppe Pascale" <giuseppep@opera.com> ۼ:

On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 16:29:25 +0200, Daniel Park <soohongp@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/10/4 Pfeffer, He...
Hi Daniel,
first of all thanks for your interest.

About the question "what is a TV", I think one of the goals of this IG
(note: not a WG) is exactly to better define which devices should be
considered as part of the "TV" experience.
So mainly and more naturally TV sets but this doesn't exclude for example
companion devices and other devices used in the home environment (and not
only).

That's why the drafts talks about "TV devices and TV-like devices". A more
precise definition and understanding will be hopefully be one of the
outcomes of the discussion we will have in the next months.

best regards,
Giuseppe

> Daniel

Linux Devices SDK