Re: IG charter: status and schedule

On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 04:34:39 +0200, FUNAHASHI Yosuke
<yfuna@tomo-digi.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi Giuseppe,
>
>> So while I understand the request of not being too vague I would also
>> try to avoid to be too specific so limiting what is the real goal of
>> this IG (in my opinion of course).
>> To achieve this what can be done is to provide some examples in the
>> charter of possible usecases that at time of writing seems to be the
>> major ones, without restricting the IG work to those only.
>
> I think this is a good idea.
>
> How about explicitly noting the workshop's summary and minutes as the
> source of example use cases?

Yep, will do.

> I suppose wording and selecting the examples for the charter from
> scratch may bring us another time-consuming discussion.

Actually I cheated and linked to the summary as a list of topics instead.
They are clearly not the only topics we should be discussing (see for
example HyeonJae's email abut adaptive HTTP-streaming), just a starting
point, so I think a link should be enough.

Cheers