Re: [web-adv] agenda, 2pm Thursday 13th July 2018-07-13

Hi all,

I'm sorry but I can't make the call this evening. I did have a think
about how we might approach people to support and take part, however. I
know some of the people I want to contact but I'm hesitant as, tbh, I'm
not 100% sure that the message is. That is, I'm not 100% sure what
topics we want to discuss.

So... before we start writing to people, and assuming that the work
moves forward at all given Liam's news (about which I have communicated
with him privately), I think it would be helpful to have at least an
initial draft of the call for participation which I have begun to write
[1]. I was guided in some of the content by the CFP I wrote for one of
the workshops I ran previously at W3 [2]. I admit I've probably done
this wrong in terms of GH process but it was the quickest way to do it.
@Liam, there's a pull request you may or may not want to accept in the
glossary GH repo.

It's just a start - no doubt it can be improved and please feel free to
do so. I won't be offended if it all gets trashed!

Once we've got general agreement on the text - even if not complete - we
can start pointing people to it and asking them if they want to be on
the PC - WDYT?

Again, sorry I can't be on the call this evening,

Phil

[1] https://github.com/philarcher/web-advertising-glossary/blob/patch-1/cfp

[2] https://www.w3.org/2014/03/lgd/

--
Phil Archer
Director, Web Solutions

http://philarcher.org
+44 (0)7887 767755
@philarcher1
Skype: philarcher

CONFIDENTIALITY / DISCLAIMER: The contents of this e-mail are  confidential and are not to be regarded as a contractual offer or acceptance from GS1 (registered in Belgium).
If you are not the addressee, or if this has been copied or sent to you in error, you must not use data herein for any purpose, you must delete it, and should inform the sender.
GS1 disclaims liability for accuracy or completeness, and opinions expressed are those of the author alone.
GS1 may monitor communications.
Third party rights acknowledged.
(c) 2016.