From: Michael Pluke <Mike.Pluke@castle-consult.com>
To: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, Peter Korn
            <peter.korn@oracle.com>,
Cc: "public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org" <public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org>
Date: 06/11/2013 06:14 PM
Subject: RE: I think we missed the Note in WCAG2ICT SC 4.1.2

And to me too.

From: Gregg Vanderheiden [mailto:gv@trace.wisc.edu]
Sent: 11 June 2013 23:21
To: Peter Korn
Cc: public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org

looks good to me

Gregg
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center
and Biomedical Engineering University of Wisconsin-Madison
Technical Director - Cloud4all Project - http://Cloud4all.info

Co-Director, Raising the Floor - International - http://Raisingthefloor.org

and the Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure Project -  http://GPII.net

On Jun 11, 2013, at 4:43 PM, Peter Korn <peter.korn@oracle.com> wrote:

Hi gang,

In reviewing our text earlier today, I noticed what I think is a small
problem in Success Criterion 4.1.2: Name, Role, Value: we left un-edited
the WCAG note text, which reads:
Note: This success criterion is primarily for Web authors who develop or
script their own user interface components. For example, standard HTML
controls already meet this success criterion when used according to
specification.
This note isn't correct for non-Web software.  I suggest we edit it to
this:
Note: This success criterion is primarily for software developers who
develop or use custom user interface components. For example, standard user
interface components on most <glossary link>accessibility
supported</glossary link> platforms already meet this success criterion
when used according to specification.
Please see this described at the wiki page 4.1.2 Note change.

Peter
--
<oracle_sig_logo.gif>
Peter Korn | Accessibility Principal