Re: Contribution to ACTION-61: Propose notes for both 'user agent' and 'content' to clarify software usage + M376 harmonisation

I really like this approach.

My only concern is that I'm not sure what constitutes a "user agent".   or "additional software in order for the user to view and interact with it"

Most all software requires software that is part of the Operating System in order to run.  Also interpreted programs all have software that must be used to play them.

Which of the following are non-web content? (in your opinion)  and which are software  and which are both
html page on a desktop
html and javascript app (runs on desktop)
flash app
app written in java
app writing in uncompiled BASIC  (interpreted)
app written in p-code    (interpreted)
same BASIC app as 5, but compiled     (run by hardware but using much software from Operating System)
app written in C++    (run by hardware - but using much software from Operating System)
app writing in C++ (run on bare hardware - not requiring any  Operating System)

Also -- it would seem that we might run into a situation where two things look exactly alike to a viewer but one is software and one is content.

Thoughts?

Gregg