Re: Closed non-embedded content???

Gregg,

I doubt there are many e-book readers that allow an override of a "do
not read aloud" or "do not expose to AT" flag (though they wouldn't call
it by the latter name!).  Publishers wouldn't like to publish /*any
*/books for such an e-book, if they ever wanted to sometimes publish a
"do not read aloud" book for that platform.

I suspect the best answer will be for gov'ts to strongly favor DRM-free
formats and e-book readers that don't use any DRM.  In other words, to
favor things for which explicitly inaccessible content cannot be made.

And where there are business/mission-important reasons to use an e-book
reader that supports DRM (and for which "do not read aloud" flags are
implemented), to expressly not acquire any such e-book/media.

Peter

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Peter Korn | Accessibility Principal