Re: Action Item #19 Work with Al to come up with a couple of examples for 4.1.2

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 08:47:05 -0500
To: "Hoffman, Allen" <Allen.Hoffman@HQ.DHS.GOV>
Cc: Peter Korn <peter.korn@oracle.com>, "Crowell, Pierce" <Pierce.Crowell@ssa.gov>, "'public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org'" <public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org>
this looks good except for the word SHOULD which I didnít notice before -- but shouldnít be here.   We are avoiding formal standard terms  MUST/SHALL SHOULD  MAY

perhaps change it to  "to be"

Most platform accessibility services go beyond programmatic exposure of name and role, and programmatic setting of states, properties and values (and notification of same), and specify additional information to be exposed and/or set (for example, obtaining a list of the available actions for a given user interface component, and programmatically executing one of the listed actions).

RE the example at the end.  -- this seems to be good info but the wrong form.   The sentence is about "information to be exposed"  but the example is not information but a n example of a use of the information (I think).   maybe it should be   "  e.g a list

(for example a list of the available actions for a given user interface component, and a means to programmatically execute one of the listed actions).

that would give us

Most platform accessibility services go beyond programmatic exposure of name and role, and programmatic setting of states, properties and values (and notification of same), and specify additional information to be exposed and/or set (for example a list of the available actions for a given user interface component, and a means to programmatically execute one of the listed actions).

Gregg
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center
and Biomedical Engineering