RE: User Interface Context

From: Bailey, Bruce <Bailey@Access-Board.gov>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 16:11:43 +0000
To: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
CC: "Hoffman, Allen" <Allen.Hoffman@HQ.DHS.GOV>, Andi Snow-Weaver <andisnow@us.ibm.com>, "public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org" <public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org>
I think I am comfortable with:
> User Interface Context == set of user interface elements and the presented information that can be accessed using only navigation commands

I can also appreciate that "product" was meant as an example of a "set of User Interface Contexts" rather than as a definition.

But that still leaves:
> User Interface Context (by one author) == set of user interface elements and the presented information, within a product, that can be accessed using only navigation commands

That if it is not circular, it is at least ambiguous without a definition of "product" (that does not use our new UIC term).  I am not clear why we need to define "User Interface Context (by one author)".  Where do we use that phrase?