RE: User Interface Context

From: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:56:19 -0400
To: "'Gregg Vanderheiden'" <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, <public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org>
I totally support the new term...

David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.

  "Enabling the Web"

 <http://www.can-adapt.com/> www.Can-Adapt.com

From: Gregg Vanderheiden [mailto:gv@trace.wisc.edu]
Sent: July-11-12 2:24 PM
To: public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org
Subject: User Interface Context

Mike and Loic and I just finished up our assignment to work  on the
"context of interaction" bit

we have come up with a new concept which we are calling  " User Interface

            - it is similar to the "Interaction Context"  concept but we
refined it to address issues raised     and then we tried applying it to the
different places that "Web Pages" is used.   Some of those are "closed"
items  and they look fine as they are -- but we felt it should work there
none-the-less  -- and it did seem to work there).

For the new work on 'User Interface Context"  go to

On that page is a list of all the place that "Web Pages" is used.  We
included links to make it easy for you to go there.

We also did new proposals for several of the items that are still open

And I updated my proposal on a couple items to reflect the new work.

This new definition might also help clear some of the items that are
"accepted pending definition of "web page". etc.

Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center
and Biomedical Engineering
University of Wisconsin-Madison