WCAG WG decision on SC that we sent for their approval

From: Andi Snow-Weaver <andisnow@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 21:39:56 -0500
To: public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org

Last Thursday the WCAG working group reviewed our proposals for SC that we
have reached consensus on. This note is a summary for our meeting tomorrow.

Accepted as proposed:
* 1.1.1 Non-text Content
* 1.2.1 Audio-only and Video-only (Prerecorded)
* 1.2.3 Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded)
* 1.2.5 Audio Description (Prerecorded)
* 1.3.3 Sensory Characteristics
* 1.4.1 Use of Color
* 1.4.5 Images of Text
* 2.1.2 No Keyboard Trap
* 2.3.1 Three Flashes or Below Threshold
* 2.4.4 Link Purpose (in context)
* 2.4.7 Focus Visible

Accepted if we agree to very minor modifications:
* 2.1.1 Keyboard - minor modification to the note
* 2.2.2 Pause, Stop, Hide - minor modification to the note

Accepted on condition that we remove the statement about non-web electronic
documents without interactivity beyond hyperlinks automatically complying:
* 2.2.1 Timing Adjustable
* 3.2.1 On Focus
* 3.2.2 On Input
* 3.3.4 Error Prevention (Legal, Financial, Data)
* 4.1.2 Name, Role, Value

Accepted on condition that we remove the statement about players
* 1.2.2 Captions (Prerecorded)
* 1.2.4 Captions (Live)

Accepted on condition that we remove the note about platform capability
being relied upon:
* 1.4.4 Resize text

Accepted on condition that we remove the last two paragraphs. Suggest we
submit a proposal for modification to WCAG 2.0 intent
* 3.3.1 Error Identification

Did not accept:
* 2.4.6 Headings and Labels - request TF submit a new proposal taking into
account the comments on the survey.
* 4.1.1 Parsing - Peter has a WCAG action item to work with Loretta, Bruce,
Michael, and James to draft a new proposal

For reference, you can review the WCAG meeting minutes at:
http://www.w3.org/2012/07/05-wai-wcag-minutes.html#item03

Andi