RE: ACTION-23 - WCAG response to request to modify intent for 1.3.1 Info and Relationships

I really want to thank you all for the cooperation on this issue.  It is a major improvement in the material connecting the dots for this topic more clearly.  I won't get hung up on phrasing as long as we have the topic covered--e.g. we include tables as we are doing here.  Pierce is posting a minor phrasing change to the survey I believe, but if going back one more time is OK, than I'd be fine with doing so to get it right.

From: Gregg Vanderheiden [mailto:gv@trace.wisc.edu]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 4:38 PM
To: Crowell, Pierce
Cc: 'public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org'
Subject: Re: ACTION-23 - WCAG response to request to modify intent for 1.3.1 Info and Relationships

Hi Pierce,

I think we might ask the WCAG WG to change "tabular" into "table".   Their concern was just that there were two paragraphs that said almost the same thing with regard to tables but the original had other things as well -- hence it won out.

But if you would like the word "table" to be there -- and I can see where it is more "plain language"  - then I think we might ask them if they could switch the two words.  Tabular is probably more correct but I think "table rows and columns" also is OK with slightly different meaning. (one describing type of data and the other describing a structure -- but both meaning the same thing.

What do others think?

Gregg
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center