RE: Please review proposal for issue 964

My only concern here has to do with karaoke-style highlighting to
support people with certain reading disabilities. This is probably a
user agent issue (HPR does this, for example, as do tools like
Browsealoud and Kurzweil 3000), but I can imagine its being provided
through scripting and CSS (e.g., when there is support for CSS 3.0
speech properties).

I don't think it would make sense to require that the <em> tag move from
word to work along with the highlighting...

John

"Good design is accessible design."

Dr. John M. Slatin, Director
Accessibility Institute