Meaning of "update"?

From: Tim Boland <frederick.boland@nist.gov>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:42:26 -0500
To: public-wcag-teamc@w3.org

I think we may need to clarify what it means to "update" content?
The definition of "update" I found (from Webster's II New Riverside Dictionary)
is to "bring up to date", so there needs to be
some way of explicitly associating a date/time with content in a verifiable
way,
such that the content is "current"  or ("accurate") as of this date/time, and
possibly for how long this content will be considered "current" (time window)..

Thanks and best wishes
Tim Boland NIST