Re: Action LC-695 (quotes) Re: Minutes 14 August 2006

Looks good. I would add some explanation to the example of why the CSS
rules are provided - something along the lines of "Quotes are provided
around the <q> element, because many user agents do not support this
element yet and therefore do not display it properly (see UA notes). CSS
rules to suppress automatic generation of quotes is provided for those
user agents that do support the <q> element, to prevent them from
generating quotes automatically in addition to the quotes provided by
the author, resulting in double-quoted content. In the future, when the
<q> element is more broadly supported, the need to provide quotes and
suppress automated quote generation will go away." Michael