RE: revised proposed definition of "input error" - action item

I think we have a little bit of redundancy with using both "expected" and
"required". How about "data format or values required by...".

I don't think we have consensus yet on using web site vs. delivery unit vs.
Web site so I've included both

So then we have:

input error: any information provided by the user that is not accepted by
the Web site/delivery unit. This includes:

1. information that is required by the Web site/delivery unit but omitted
by the user.
2. information that is provided by the user but that falls outside the data
format or values required by the Web site/delivery unit.

Do we even have to say "by anything"?

Could we just say

input error: any information provided by the user that is not accepted.
This includes:

1. information that is required but omitted by the user.
2. information that is provided by the user but that falls outside the
required data format or values.

Andi
andisnow@us.ibm.com
IBM Accessibility Center
(512) 838-9903, http://www.ibm.com/able
Internal Tie Line 678-9903, http://w3.austin.ibm.com/~snsinfo

             "John M Slatin"
             <john_slatin@aust
             in.utexas.edu>                                             To
             Sent by:                  "Makoto UEKI  - Infoaxia, Inc. -"
             public-wcag-teamc         <ueki@infoaxia.co.jp>,
             -request@w3.org           <public-wcag-teamc@w3.org>
                                                                        cc

             09/23/2005 09:40                                      Subject
             AM                        RE: revised proposed definition of
                                       "input error" - action item

Andi wroteproposed the following definition of input error:

> input error: any information provided by the user that is not accepted

> by the Web site. This includes: 1. information that is required by the

> Web site but omitted by the user. 2. information that is provided by
> the user but that falls outside the expected format or
> content parameters required by the Web site.

I like the definition, but agree with Makoto that we should say
"delivery unit" instead of "Web site."

Also, I'm not sure I understand what "content parameters" means. Would
"expected values" work instead? (Forgive me if this is something Team C
has gone 'round and 'round about...)

John

"Good design is accessible design."

Dr. John M. Slatin, Director