Re: proposed update to "critical parts" of Guide Doc for G2.5L2SC2 - User definition

Sofia Celic wrote:
> Matt,
>
> On a personal level I agree that the definition of "user" should be any
> person. For some W3C specs this is a perfectly legitimate definition.
> However, I don't believe this is the case for WCAG (unfortunately).

Of course it is. We do not need to emphasize disability to this extent.
In fact, we should _de-emphasize_ it, because to define it the way you
did is to draw a bright line between who "normal" and "disabled" users
are, which further ghettoizes precisely the people we're supposed to be
championing.

We cannot co-opt such a basic term as "user" to suit our own wishes.

-