Re: text scaling How To Meet pages

Hi Tim,

On 31/01/07, Tim Boland <frederick.boland@nist.gov> wrote:
> I don't understand how to measure that the author in fact sets a "readable"
> font size, that would work for all users/user agents".  I don't know how to
> measure "readability" in this context..

I think readable means legible in this context. It can be measured
using the Snelling scale, but I don't know how that could be made
testable for Web content.

> Do we need this assumption?

It's to catch the fact that an author could set a very small
font-size, and even if the user increases the size by 200%, the text
might still be illegible to people with vision impairments.

Best regards,

Gez

--
Supplement your vitamins