Re: Please review proposals

On 1/18/07, Tim Boland <frederick.boland@nist.gov> wrote:

> For 1260, what is the definition of a phrase or passage, as opposed to
> individual words?  Are these concepts valid
> in all languages?

I think they are being used normally, that is, no glossary definition
is needed for them.
Since Christophe proposed the current wording, I assume that the use
of word, phrase, and passage is ok.

> For 865, can one use ruby to mark up non-literal text with its literal
> equivalent?

I believe it can be. The Ruby spec says "Not all ruby texts represent
pronunciations. Authors should distinguish ruby texts used for
different purposes by using the class attribute."

How does this relate to 865?