Re: Comments 465, 466, 545 - Wording of Success Criterion 4.2.1, 4.2.3

Hi Katie,

I'm sorry, but I'm having difficulty trying to understand this.

> Comments 465, 466, 545 were accepted (11 - 1 - 0), Gregg
> had a question that Ben answered. We would like to ask you if would not mind
> confirming Ben's comment "I believe Gregg's question is covered by the
> situations described in How to meet 4.2.1.", and updating that in the
> Comments Database for those issues.

I don't understand Gregg's suggestion - doesn't it imply that only
HTML could be considered accessible? Would that not undermine the
whole technology neutral aspect of the guidelines? If it was a
reasonable assumption, I wouldn't have thought it was considered
discoverable (what would make people change an extension in the hope
that the next resource they received was accessible?). Whereabouts in
the "How to meet 4.2.1" section does Ben believe this is covered?
Situation A and B don't describe changing the end of the URL to .html.

I'm sure I'm missing the point somewhere, but I don't know what to
suggest, as I don't understand the suggestion or where the suggestion
has been addressed.

Best regards,

Gez

--