W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wcag-teamb@w3.org > June 2006

Minutes Team B Meeting for 6-27-2006

From: Katie Haritos-Shea <ryladog@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:59:30 -0400
To: <public-wcag-teamb@w3.org>
Cc: "'Loretta Guarino Guarino-Reid'" <lguarino@Adobe.com>, "'Michael Cooper'" <cooper@w3.org>
Message-Id: <20060627195933.ITOF16402.eastrmmtao06.cox.net@KHSINCZ60t>

Minutes for WCAG 2.0 Team B Telecon Meeting of 6-27-2007

 
ATTENDEES:
 
Katie Haritos-Shea   
Sorcha Moore
Tim Boland



REGRETS:

Gez Lemon







AGENDA



1. Results/Responses to TEAM B SURVEY FOR JUNE 22.

The June 22 WCAG Group meeting did not get to the Team B Survey questions to
finalize, because time ran out.
(http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/teamb062206/results). We decide to
address some of the comment in the survey in advance of July 29 meeting.


Team B Survey for June 22:
(http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/teamb062206/results).




Comment 465, 466, 545 - Wording of Success Criterion 4.2.1, 4.2.3
11 - 1 - 0  ACCEPTED?
Assigned To: Gez Lemon
OUTCOME: Action Item for Katie. Ask Gez Lemon to go back and see if Ben's
comment is true about Gregg's question in  the Survey.


Comment 503 - Generalize SC 3.2.2
6 -5 - 1
Assigned To: Sorcha Moore
OUTCOME: Action Item for Sorcha Moore. Sorcha will re-do proposal wording. 


Comment 543 - Is SC 3.1.6 needed for alphabetic languages
11 - 1 - 0  ACCEPTED?
Assigned To: Sorcha Moore
OUTCOME: Action Item for Sorcha Moore. Sorcha will re-do proposal wording. 


Comment 557 - Use of title attribute should be advisory
11 - 0 - 1
Assigned To: Loretta Guarino Reid
OUTCOME: Action Item for Katie. Put Comment 557 on HOLD and assign to the
key word 'User Agent'. 


Comment 597 - Benefit of SC 3.1.5 for the deaf
6 - 6 - 0
Assigned To: Loretta Guarino Reid
OUTCOME: Action Item for Katie. Put Comment 597 on HOLD and assign to the
key word 'User Agent'. 


Comment 602- Alternate versions at lower reading level
11 - 1 - 0  ACCEPTED?
Assigned To: Loretta Guarino Reid.
OUTCOME: Action Item for Katie. Add Gregg's comment from survey to proposal
in DB. 


Comment 606- Change of context
10 - 1 - 1
Assigned To: Sorcha Moore
OUTCOME: Action Item for Sorcha Moore. Sorcha will re-do proposal wording.
And she will put Comment 606 on HOLD and  assign to the key word "Change of
context".


Comment 607- Change of context
7 - 4 - 1
Assigned To: Sorcha Moore
OUTCOME: Action Item for Sorcha Moore. Sorcha will re-do proposal wording.
And she will put Comment 607 on HOLD  and assign to the key word "Change of
context".


Comment 619 - Mechanism
10 - 0 - 2
Assigned To: Sorcha Moore
OUTCOME: Action Item for Sorcha Moore. Sorcha will re-do proposal wording. 


Comment 702- Links to areas of content
11 - 1 - 0  ACCEPTED?
Assigned To: Loretta Guarino Reid
OUTCOME: Action Item for Katie.  Add Bens suggested sentence from survey to
proposal in DB for Comment 702.


Comment 734- Wording of SC 4.2.2
11 - 0 - 1
Assigned To: Loretta Guarino Reid
OUTCOME: Action Item for Katie. Send email to Michael to re-do resolution to
Comment 734 as he objects in Survey  and suggests that he will re-do it.


Comment 750- SC 4.2.2 applies to which technologies?
10 - 0 - 2
Assigned To: Loretta Guarino Reid
OUTCOME: Action Item for Katie. Assign keyword 'conformance' or 'not in
baseline'. 







2. OTHER COMMENTS DISCUSSED

 

Comment LC-705
Document: Techniques Document
Submitter: Chris Ridpath
"Too broad and undefined."
Assigned To: Loretta Guarino Reid
OUTCOME: None.


Comment LC-711
Document: Techniques Document
Submitter: Chris Ridpath
"The \"set of web units\" is not defined. Does this include every single
page?"
Assigned To: 
OUTCOME: Action Item for Tim Boland. He will put on this comment on HOLD and
add to keyword 'web-units'.







3. COMMENTS ASSIGNED



None on the call.

Folks will send in the comments that they wish to address.


Comment LC-701
Document: Techniques Document
Submitter: Chris Ridpath
"Confusing technique."
Assigned To: 


Comment LC-703
Document: Techniques Document
Submitter: Chris Ridpath
"It's unclear how many are in a group."
Assigned To: 


Comment LC-704
Document: Techniques Document
Submitter: Chris Ridpath
"The requirement for NOFRAMES has been dropped. Is this an oversight or is
NOFRAMES really no longer necessary?"
Assigned To:


Comment LC-710
Document: Techniques Document
Submitter: Chris Ridpath
"Broaden the technique to include other actions that should not cause change
of context."
Assigned To:


Comment LC-712
Document: WCAG 2.0 Guidelines
Submitter: Jaakko Vilen
"electronic banking accessibility, and have found that the link texts should
be clearly descriptive..."
Assigned To:
Working Group Notes: [TEAMB] It is covered by 2.4.8, which is Level 3. 
(This isn't covered by 2.4.4 (since context may be required to interpret the
link text for 2.4.4))


Comment LC-712
Document: WCAG 2.0 Guidelines
Submitter: Jim Thatcher 
"Remove SC 2.4.4."
Assigned To:







4. GOING TO SURVEY for June 29.



NONE THIS WEEK

Will do survey next week.








5. NEXT TEAM B MEETING




Meeting date changed for next week because of US Holiday, 4th of July.

Meeting Team B will meet next Wednesday (July 5).


17:00 UTC

10:00 AM Palo Alto

1:00 PM Boston

6:00 PM England, Ireland

2:00 AM (June 20) Japan

Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 Passcode 92248#

Irc.w3.org port 6665 #wcag-teamb





****************************************************************************
**************************************

FYI...........

TEAM B is Responsible for:

Introduction
2.4  [B] Provide mechanisms to help users find content, orient themselves
within it, and navigate through it 
3.1  [B] Make text content readable and understandable. 
3.2  [B] Make the placement and functionality of content predictable. 
4.2  [B] Ensure that content is accessible or provide an accessible
alternative

Team B Group: 
  
John Slatin  (Stepping Back)
Loretta Guarino Reid   (Team Leader)  
Wendy  (Stepping Down)  Maybe Micheal now?
Makoto UeKi       
Katie Haritos-Shea 
Tim Boland   
Sorcha Moore
Gez Lemon 


****************************************************************************
**************************************





Thanks............Sorcha and Katie.




Katie Haritos-Shea

ryladog@earthlink.net




Received on Tuesday, 27 June 2006 19:59:42 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:18:44 GMT