RE: Action item: HTML technique for using appropriate semantic elements

Thanks, Yvette!

I think use of semantic elements such as <code>, etc., might be
sufficient technique for SC 1.3.3 (information conveyed through
variations in presentation of text). Typically, documentation presents
code examples, expected user input, expected output, etc., in a
different font than the body text, and for a sighted user the
font-change conveys the information that the text presents a different
type of content than the body text. (Many technical   documents include
prefatory material describing the formatting conventions used in the
text.)

Thoughts?

John

"Good design is accessible design."