From: public-wcag-teamb-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-wcag-teamb-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Becky Gibson
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 5:04 PM
To: public-wcag-teamb@w3.org
Subject: New draft technique for Situation B in 1.3.2 and 1.3.4

I created a draft technique, Using Color and Pattern [1], for situation B in
success criteria 1.3.2 and 1.3.4.  Situation B is, "Color is being used
within an image to convey information."  I tried to use the ideas that Lisa
sent to the list, although this general technique is fairly simple.
In the example I specified that black should be used for the pattern.  I
assume that the use of black is considered available in a non-color
dependent manner?  If I didn't specify black I was afraid that the technique
could be met by creating the cross hatching in a bar chart using a color and
thus would still not be accessible to some.
Please review. Thanks.

[1]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Using_color_and_pattern

Becky Gibson